How to make Dumpling/Dombolo/Steam Bread
- Add two cups of flour, a bit of salt, yeast, half cup of sugar and two teaspoons of baking powder.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add warm water, and mix until the dough is medium thick.
- Cover the dough and place by the sum to rise for about 10 to 20 mins.
- Get you big pot ready, pour a cup of water.
- Rub your enamel bowl with butter to make it non-stick and add your risen dough.
- Rub the top of the dough with butter for flavor.
- Steam your dough and add water when necessary.
- Dumpling should be fine in 30mins.
*Tips, you can use the toothpick to test for quick bread doneness.
South African Recipe